New Years Goals and Resolutions 2016

Happy New Year Fireworks

That's right it's 2016. I thought to start off my blogging this coming year with a New Years Goals and Resolutions posts. I actually made a youtube video with some of these very resolutions and goals stated so...if your interested check it out here.

1. Feel the Burn...
Exercise: I know literally the most cliche resolution there is, but I promise I actually have reasoning behind it. I currently jog between two and three miles a week and with that I play soccer (during the spring). I want to push myself and actually jog twice a week instead of what I currently do which is jog once a week.

2. Money doesn't grow on trees
Personally I am one of those "jump on the bandwagon" gals (at least when it pertains to makeup). My weakness being in the eye makeup department. No matter if we're in TJ Maxx or Walmart I always find a reason to swing by the makeup section. This is why I want to try and not spend any money on eye makeup products.

3. Bookworm Status
This is one of those challenges that are just perfect for blogging. I am so excited to "formally" accept the 100 books challenge. Before I started this blog I have always read and easily been able to make it to 100 books within a year. (Usually just because I had so much free-time during school.) I definitely plan on having "check in" blog posts and reviews as I read.

4. Keeping up with blogging & social media
This is probably one of my least important resolutions, but I actually want to keep up with my social media. I don't know why pictures of people's lives interest others, but it seems like it is one of those platforms that you either do or don't. I definitely want to keep up with my blog especially since I changed the layout from my old one.

5. Olympics?!
Yes, I actually have a life long dream of competing in the olympics. I actually had the pleasure of having a teacher who actually tried out for the olympic team. Although she didn't make the team, I got to hear stories of the whole experience. I don't know about you, but the experience of trying out to actually participate and compete for my country is something that would be pivotal at least in my lifetime.

6. 10,000 subscribers on my YouTube
Yes, I'm one of those people who shamelessly advertise their other social media accounts on their pages. I currently have 105 subscribers on my youtube account, but I want to multiply it and hopefully make it to 10,000 by the time the year of 2016 is out.

7. "Always be kind...and have courage."
Firstly if you don't understand this reference, then you were spared a horrid remake of a Disney classic. Either way I have decided to take a leaf from Cinderella's book (the new one that is) and try to be significantly kinder to my siblings and family. I am the oldest of four and have 3 younger siblings (two sisters, 1 brother). If you are the eldest in your family I feel your pain.

8. All A's in High School
Yes, yet another very long term goal, but you have to start at some point. I have made only one "b" in my lifetime and hope that at least until I make it to college that will be the only one I'd have made. If you're thinking that I am a "try hard" and you'd be right. I've already accepted that as something that's firmly locked in my dna,

9. Pray & have faith
I am a Christian. I feel like this is one of those things that I just want to put out there and just not look back. I am not going to judge anyone for their religious beliefs and I don't expect you to judge me for mine. I believe that I need to pray more and have a more personal relationship with my lord and savior, Jesus, who not only died on the cross for my sins but for yours too.

10. Declutter and Destress
I'm one of those people who thrive in the middle of the storm. My room may look dirty but secretly I know exactly where everything I need is. Which is more than what can be said when my room is clean. This year though I am taking the plunge and am going to try and keep organized. This includes scheduling my posts, keeping my room clean, etc. (Probably won't last a month.) With this I hope I'll also be able to destress and take a break from it all.

11. Unplug from online
Lastly, but definitely not least I hope to take a break from my phone and electronics in general at least every once in awhile. I know that this one may effect my blogging, but I feel like it's very important to just step back and enjoy the comforts that actually living out life brings. Especially after seeing just how important social media and phones have become just in the way of spreading information.

So I hope you enjoyed this blog post I know it was mainly a large jumble of words and my thoughts, but I hope it gave you some ideas in your own new year's resolutions and goals.
May the odds be ever in your favor. :)

~Avalon Pernell


Post a Comment

My Instagram

Made with by OddThemes | Distributed by Gooyaabi Templates