How to do a bun on Natural hair


If you ever wanted to know how to do a bun on your natural hair than this is just the video for you!!
I decided it would be more beneficial for you as my viewers to have an accompanying blogspot with the video since my directions were very vague.

1. Start off by using a hair gel. In the video I used Eco Styler Professional Gel w/ Argan Oil. I used a quarter/dime sized amount for the front of my hair and then apply the same sized amount to the back of my hair.
Guys this stuff is ultra cheap.
I found it at Walmart for
 around $2-4 that's a steal.








I did not brush the areas where gel was applied for I did not want to put unneeded stress on my roots and baby hairs. 

2. I than take a DIY extra-large scrunchie and wind it around the area of my hair that I applied the gel. I than move the band slowly upwards starting at the back of my head. Just move the band up from the back for the front of the band will move up by itself.

3. Now it's time to tuck-wrap-roll (see what I did there...)
I started out my taking a piece of hair rolled and tucked it underneath the band. I tried to tuck the piece of hair in a diagonal pattern just because it looks better,
As pictured I took a small piece of hair
Now simply take the piece of hair and tuck it underneath the hair band.
Now you can stop here or....
4. Optional: Add accessories for this video I chose a lime green athletic headband. I've also tried it with traditional flower headbands which I have pictured.

And we're finished!! This hairstyle is perfect for a lazy day, going to school, or even a workout. 

With much love,




Post a Comment

My Instagram

Made with by OddThemes | Distributed by Gooyaabi Templates